Lie no more, I saw you together

Love is a strange thing

They say that falling in love is the best thing that can happens to a person's life. But not every story has a happy ever after ending. This is a real life story about a famous poet/song writer (Kamel AlShinnawi) and a singer (Najat), he wrote to her many wonderful songs that helped her to shine and rise to fame. He loved her with all his heart but she just played him to advance her career (nothing I would have ever expected from that sweet voice). Anyway fast-forward with the events after he discovered her betrayal. He wrote to her a heart-aching poem and called her on the phone sobbing  and began reciting his poem on her with a moaning voice. She coldly replied that “this poem is very beautiful. It can be a song and I must sing it”. She sang it in a movie called the “Black Candles” and it became an instant hit now it’s considered a legendary song. I am still wondering How come can someone be so crazy in love that he prefers dying rather than living without his love or in that case goddess.  

That is his everlasting song


Lie no more, I saw you together
Quit crying, I have now hated tears
How easy for the deceitful eye, shedding rains of tears to claim and deny
I saw you together, I heard you together
Your eyes are gazing into his eyes, his lips, his palms and his feet
And your hands are surrounding him, trembling with desire
You are defying eagerness with kisses that strike me with a whip 
Each whisper, sigh, touch, stare, gesture or the dreadful silence, set my heart on fire
I am losing my way and I can’t place my feet on the ground
All the doubts I had are hunting me now, torturing me with guilt 
I have always believed your lies and cursed my suspicions 
What could I say to tears I shed out of your passion?
What could I say to the ribs I torn worried about you?
Do I sayshe have insulted me? 
Do I say she have betrayed me?!
If I said it, that will calm my fury 
What a calamity!
No, I won’t say it. So, you say it
Don’t be shy, don’t be scared of me
I am not angry, I am not agitated
You saved me from my false dreams, You saved me from myfeelings that deluded me
I realized you were a shackle that I keened all my life not to break and now you broke it
I realized you were a sin that I asked God not to exempt me from it and now you freed me
Be as you wish, but you won’t 
Cause it’s my passion and madness that made you
And now I am cured from love and insanity 

(P.S I have tried to keep the meaning as I was translating this poem from Arabic to English, Still the original version is a breathtaking.)



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

man and woman

A bless in disguise

Face your fear